Monday 4 April 2011

So close ... I can almost touch it

\
So we are now two days away from the final, no second chances, don't look back or you'll miss it dead line   for the whole of the story telling unit. A recap for those of you that weren't paying attention this unit revolved around the title 'The Meeting' now as has been proved by the diversity of everyone's products this title could be interpreted and moulded to take on many different narratives. For the unit we needed to learn how to and then write a pitch of no longer than 25 words, a one page synopsis, a ten page short film script, draw out a storyboard which depicts the shots that would be present in a film trailer of between one and two minutes long. The trailer which we would then have to organise, shot and edit all before the deadline. It was a very enjoyable and at the same time a very intense process one that at times I had doubts as to whether I would be able to complete all of the tasks and meet the deadline on the other side. But here I am sat in the UCA production office and as I look around I can see people coming to the end of their edits, i sit here in the knowledge that some have already finished  and are off no doubt enjoying themselves. Myself I have a few empty gaps in my storyboard where I wrote what was going to be drawn but got so caught up in my whirlwind shooting process that I realise only now that they remain. However I'm not worried in the slightest because as I said I know what is going in those gaps and it shouldn't take any longer than this evening to complete them. Once this is done I will have completed all of the needed elements of the unit I will put them on a CD and I will be able to focus on the next task the daunting Media Strategies essay.   

No comments:

Post a Comment