Tuesday 22 January 2013

The dissertation starts today

I have put a lot of thought into my dissertation and at the beginning of the process I came up with a few very different question ideas. However I think that I have finally managed to narrow my choices down to the final question.

How and why has American cinema developed and altered from the 1970’s to the present day?

Having done some early research into this subject area I feel that there is more than enough to sustain an interesting and well informed dissertation.
 

Elements that I may include:

- the depiction of sex
- the depiction of violence
- the rise of blockbusters
- the financial uncertainties during the 1970’s
- Change in audiences
- Impact of video tape
- altering expectations in genres
- new techniques in film making

No comments:

Post a Comment