Friday 2 March 2012

Fiction Adaptation - Beginning my essay

I sat down earlier today reading through text books, finding quotations and planning the content of my essay. Part of my planning involved me working out what each paragraph was going to focus on and how many words I should have roughly in each. Well considering that I don’t particularly enjoy writing essays and that I thought I was going to struggle to find things to say I have actually enjoyed my afternoon writing. Admittedly I haven’t written a great deal in regards to the meat of the essay and answering the question of In adapting a novel the adaptor inevitably infringes the integrity of the original text but my brain got to work and my fingers tried to keep up. As the allotted 250 word introductions swiftly become almost double that and the following paragraph seemed to appear on the screen good and quick without the aid of copy and paste as would have been the case back in the day.
Granted if this kind of over writing continues throughout the essay I am going to be face with quite a hefty edit session come the end but I would much rather that than struggling to find anything to write about.
I hope that it is going as well for everyone else having to write this essay

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you planning things so well - structure wise the most basic is of course : INTRODUCTION (explaining your essay and its 'mission'), 'FOR', 'AGAINST', CONCLUSION (summarise all main findings).

    ReplyDelete