Sunday 13 February 2011

And the alarm goes up... for the BAFTA awards and the meeting.

So tonight is the night of the Orange BATFA awards and as much as I would have loved to be up in London to stand alongside the red carpet to see the celebrities and film makers, well if I’m being totally honest I would rather be one of the film makers walking down it. But alas I could n't be one of them, well not yet anyway! I’ve been to work and now I remain at home thinking about the nominated films and daydreaming that one day it will be one of my films that all the news and review shows are saying that is the front runner to win all of the big awards. Until then I will just have to put my effort into my story telling unit and I guess I should start putting some thought into my essay project. 

My Grandfather who retired after
30 years with the fire service.

As for my story telling unit I have been thinking and focusing on one idea quite a lot. I’ve not quite worked out the ins and outs of the plot yet but it revolves around the meeting of a boy that is trapped and the hero’s of the fire service as they fight to save him. There are so many elements that and variables that I have been thinking about both from a creative point of view as well as having a practical and logical approach as some of the elements that I write in my script I’m going to have to recreate in my trailer. As the entire script is only going to be for a ten minute film beginning, middle and end the extravagant feature style film that I had originally envisioned is simply going to be too much for this project.
Having worked with the media team at Kent Fire and Rescue Service last summer and having strong family links with the fire service as my mother worked in the call room when I was growing up and my father still does and his father before him worked as fire fighters and fire officers I would love to portray the fire fighters as the hero’s that the men and women in that profession are. Anyway still lots of work to before I get close to having a working script or I even think about shooting but I am really looking forward to pushing ahead and exploring some of my ideas on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment