Thursday 3 February 2011

First shoot... and that a wrap

Today was the day that I along with Ze and Hennie shot the short film ‘A day in the life of a security guard’ that I disclosed our plans for in a previous blog entry. I did enjoy finally having the opportunity to get to grips with a video camera that would be totally fitting in any professional television production as well as working alongside two people that also have a keen interest in the media industry. However after our technological introduction into the workings of these cameras we were sent off to commence shooting our short films. It was at this point that we came up against frequent obstacles that ultimately corrupted the plans that I had previously been determined to create for the viewing audiences’ enjoyment. Due to having to drastically modify the remaining elements because of these recurring obstacles the largest of which being that the security desk at the reception of the Maidstone studios which we had planned to film around 60% of the short film was not available for our use damaged the foundation that our narrative was based. Due to having to pull ideas together in order to salvage as much of our original plans as possible the final result was far less than that I had envisioned in my mind’s eye previously. However upon presenting that which we managed to pull together during the few hours that we had to film our short film the final result was not as bad as it could have been and I am ultimately happy in the way we didn’t panic and attempted to work around the difficulties we faced throughout the day. When it came time to present the product to my peers I was readily awaiting the criticism which I would have given myself if it hadn’t been my work along with a suppressing a few compliments which were much appreciated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment