Monday 23 January 2012

AS LIVE - Initial thoughts

The prospect of working as part of a thirteen member strong production team on a ‘live’ production is something that excites me very much. This is all the more exciting having had a number of different opportunities in the year since past to work on and/or witness the workings of the previous AS LIVE production ‘The Pub Game’, ‘Frank Skinner’s Opinionated’ and  ‘Take Me Out’. Being based at the studios this will be a great project to take full advantage of the facilities available to us.  
However I must admit that now having read the brief in full my excitement is coupled with a lining of hesitance for a few of reasons. These reasons are simple and are all bound to work themselves out over time but they plague me none the less. Firstly my ideas at present are mere reflections of those that have been broadcast before and because of this they are in no way original and if I want mine to be commissioned it has got to be original. The second reason for my hesitance is that to my knowledge there are three job roles which I would be happy and content possessing and of course I am anxious to get one of them. Finally I am concerned, knowing that some of the members of our groups do not always see eye to eye I don’t want the quality and progress of which ever show is commissioned to be impaired because of disagreements and personal opinions.

1 comment:

  1. dan - don't let any worries get in the way. The 1st 4 weeks will all be about getting a good idea down as a pitch. After that everyone will make sure that whatever production is chosen is great production.

    ReplyDelete