Tuesday 31 January 2012

General Update - At the end of the month

Admittedly coming back to the studios for my first day as a second year yesterday I didn’t have quite the same mix of nerves and excitement that I did at the same time last year.  However coming back and seeing the familiar faces of friends and knowing that this year’s work was already underway I am eager to push forward with both of the units for this semester. In myself I feel far more confident in my abilities, I think that I have a secure understanding of what I need and want to achieve in this semester.  
I personally enjoy beginning out and about with a camera shooting for a project, however, I am going to spend a majority of the first month of the new semester planning, planning and then planning some more for both the AS LIVE and fiction adaptation units. At present I am more interested in the fiction adaptation unit. Currently I am thinking about the potential locations and shoots that I would like to include in the short and more importantly if these two elements will work together or if components will have to be scrapped or altered to make them work practically and one screen. As it stands I don’t know of anyone else adapting ‘The Horses by Ted Hughes’ I personally hope that there is as I am interested to see someone else’s interpretation of the same poem.
After our short brainstorming session yesterday I am looking forward to hearing the ideas of my pears are for the As Live production. I am also interested to know what roles people will be applying for in four weeks time. At this point I feel that none of the ideas previously blogged by myself have enough originality or appeal to be commissioned and so the journey to the dusty areas of my mind is still underway. I am hoping that at some point soon inspiration will strike and the idea will unfold before me.
Well that’s it for this month and we’ve only just begun I can’t help but wonder how far my work will have progressed by this time next month.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant to hear you're in planning mode - looking forward to hearing all your ideas

    ReplyDelete