Friday 14 September 2012

Major Project - Traditional British Country Crafts series idea

Reposting entry from acesandeightsproductions.co.uk from 22/06/2012

The next idea for my next unit at university came from my father breaking the 15 minutes into five three minute episodes. Using similar imagery as I used in the short ‘The Horse’ each three minute episode would showcase a traditional British country craft. If I was to go forward with this idea I would probably adopt a compacted style of the ITV show country ways. This would be a good place to start however I’m not even sure if that show is still made so I may have to go in search of older episodes.

The top five crafts I have thought about and would be most interested in documenting are:

Honey making/Bee keeping
Horse shoeing
Carpentry / Walking stick making
The making of cider
Rope / Net making

With the variety of subjects I would hope that each episode would offer and engaging and interesting view of aging and in some cases fading beautiful traditional British country crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment