Thursday 3 March 2011

Writing, editing, writing, editing, writing, editing, and so it goes on

I’ve not blogged in a little while so I guess it’s time for an update. Been working hard lately trying to get my script for the story telling unit into an understandable state as well as keeping it as interesting  and exciting narrative as possible.  I still have four days until I have to hand in my first draft of the meeting script but I must admit I am expecting to use each of those days to work on it. On a related note I got my pitch and synopsis back today with notes in relation on the improvements that can be made. In fairness I agree with the notes that Simon made regarding my synopsis and will get to work on improving that but I do have my reservations about how necessary the changes to the pitch will be. I guess I will have to query this with Simon when I next see him. Anyway today was the first time I used final cut pro and another first I actually had some instruction in regards as to how to edit video. Granted I have done a fair amount of editing in the past however it was completely self taught so nice to have someone so me a couple of features to the software that may speed the process along when I comes to editing my trailer together and other video projects that are yet to come. So with the new editing techniques and the camera workshop we did at the beginning of the week my ‘the meeting’ trailer should be far stronger that it would have been otherwise. We did a couple of different edits during today using random video, sound and text clips from sea world this is my absolute first final cut pro edit enjoy.
   
Sea World Florida 2004                                                                                                     Sea World San Deigo 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment